The text shows how gender-nonconforming people are changing how society looks at gender. As many of the individuals who are challenging gender…. Since last 10 years. Since last 20 years.
Gender Issues. Sexual Identity.
Gender Born, Gender Made: Raising Healthy Gender-Nonconforming Children
Child Development. Child Rearing. Family Environment. Identification Psychology. Mental Health. Personal Narratives. Sexual Orientation.
- The Rocky Mountain Saga (Rocky Mountain Novella Series)!
- War and State Terrorism: The United States, Japan, and the Asia-Pacific in the Long Twentieth Century (War and Peace Library).
- Gender Born, Gender Made: Raising Healthy Gender-Nonconforming Children | Awards & Grants.
Social Attitudes. It is an exploration.
See a Problem?
Ehrensaft pulls strands from her experiences working with children including her own to weave a tapestry of stories which she uses to address everything from the varying experiences of gender, psychological theories surrounding gender, to parental and sibling reactions and experiences. Some of the stories are heartwarming; some heartbreaking.
Underlying this is Dr.
- Writing Begins with the Breath: Embodying Authentic Voice;
- The Transgender Studies Reader 1?
- On the Thirty-Nine Articles: A Conversation with Tudor Christianity (new ed.).
- Download Gender Born, Gender Made: Raising Healthy Gender-Nonconforming Children Audiobook.
In all, though, the book is very light on theory and rich with anecdotes, demonstrating helpful and harmful approaches and the varying ways children react to and explore their gender. Who should read it?
I think it was primarily intended for parents of gender non-conforming children. Therapists treating families with gender non-conforming children may find some of the terminology and ideas useful in their own practices.
Gender Born Gender Made: Raising Healthy Gender-Nonconforming Chil…
The language is accessible for a lay audience, and Dr. Ehrensaft uses pronouns with respectful grace and skill. Your Comment.